Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Prenatal Problem

     I have been having the hardest time finding a prenatal pill that I like. I figured I should leave a review of the ones I have tried so far... I will be trying more brands by the time this surrogacy is over but here are my unbiased, uncompensated reviews.

    I first tried the Spring Valley Prenatal Multivitamin Multimineral (but these are cheaper to buy at Walmart). I bought these first because they were cheap and I was in a hurry. They are not huge horse pills (well compared to other prenatal pills) so that is a plus! BUT these make me so unbelievably nauseous it is not even funny. 
    I am not even pregnant yet so I would not want to put these on top of morning sickness once I am pregnant. 

     The next prenatal pill I tried was Vitafusion Prenatal DHA and Folic Acid Gummy Vitamins These did not taste bad at all (in fact I may have ate an extra on some days) Then I realized I didn't read the label very well these didn't even have iron in them. 
    Most people are ok without extra Iron, but me not so much. I have a Iron deficiency so I would have to add a extra pill to remember every day and if I can't find a regular prenatal pill I like this might be my only option but as of right now I would like to not do that. Plus I hate the cherry flavor so I would end up with a bunch of cherry flavored gummies at the end of the bottle that I would just waste because I wouldn't take them. 

    Right now I am trying to give the One a Day Women's Prenatal with DHA These I will admit I do not like so much. I knew buying them that there were two pills to take daily, but I do admit I would rather have a all in one pill so that way I am not dragging around 2 pill bottles in my purse. 
    The pills are fairly easy to swallow and I am not feeling sick after taking them, but I am breaking out like a teenager (I heard this is a side effect of the DHA but don't quote me on that) and after I started taking these I have a almost constant metallic taste in my mouth that is driving me crazy. 

     So back to the drawing board I go... I have a feeling that in the next few months I am going to have a bunch of prenatal pills with only a few taken out of them laying around. If only I could find a prenatal pill sampler. If they don't already exist someone please make one and send one my way! 

    Also what prenatal pill worked best for you? I am open to any and all suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment